Pages

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Re: Is broken keyboard key covered by warranty?

Hello,

So as it turns out it's not that easy to get your keyboard fixed. I posted a message yesterday here and everyone was sure that it is covered by warranty and I can get a replacement keyboard. I've contacted the local Lenovo representatives and explained them my issue - A pin on the Z key is broken and the key constantly flips open when I type on the keyboard. The computer is 1 month old and used only on a desk. I haven't applied any pressure that can damage the keyboard, nor I dropped anything on it. It clearly is a defect. They told me that if it is a mechanical issue - e.g. broken pin - it is not covered by warranty so there's nothing I can do but to purchase a new keyboard. They also told me that for every issue I have to send the whole computer to the service. I don't have problem sending it if it is a motherboard or screen issue but I'm not sure it's normal to ask me to send it for such an issue related to a user replacable part. I am using this computer all day for work and I can't afford not to have it for more than a few hours.

I really require help on that from someone who perhaps works for Lenovo. I am ready to provide all the information needed including pictures, serial number, etc.

Thank you all in advance. I hope this gets resolved soon.

Moderator Note; posts merged, link removed

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
T520 / i5-2450M / 8GB RAM / NVIDIA NVS 4200M / 1600x900 HD+ / Hitachi 500GB @ 7200 RPM / Intel N 6205 WiFi / Win 7 Pro

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment