Pages

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Re: Went from T440s to T410 - Happier!

This is not a question. I just felt like sharing my story so that someone possibly could benefit from my experience.

I'm a long time Lenovo user, a fanboy even, been using T-series since when it was IBM. Having made due with an X220 at work and a MacBook Air 13" at home I thought I'd take the plunge and buy the T440s when it came out late last year (2013).

Said and done.

Already from the get go, upon recieving it I could tell that this was not good. The keyboard was bad, the new trackpad worse, and the screen was bleeding + I thought I could handle a 1920x1080 resolution but I couldn't. The resolution gaffe is mine and not anybody else's fault. There was also (still is) problems with wifi-connection dropping every hour or so. Unbelievably bad.

Also, an intagible but still, the build quality, the feel if you will, is really off. I've come to expect more from Lenovo. Also the "pioneering feeling" of owning a computer that is very extendable and also maintainable should you ever have a problem like dead pixels or faulty buttons on your keyboard, is now gone.

So, what did I do? Well, I thought back to what Lenovo I last appreciated toally and without a "Yes, I like it but....", and that's the T410. So I ordered a refurbished 1440x900 (yes, 16:10 rules!!!) and got it for 1/5th of the price of my T440s and I'm totally loving it. THIS is what a computer should feel like.

So, if you are about to purchase a new Lenovo. Think again. Go to a serious refurb dealer and get yourself a T410. I guess T420 works OK but I'm not a fan of the 16:9. Stay away from T430 and T440. I guess if you can stomach the keyboard of the T430 you at least still have the trackpad WITH the keys. Without them, as is the case on all new lenovos worth your time, you are really lost.

Hopefully this helps someone in chosing their system.

Sincerely,

Jeremy

PS. You might wonder what I've done with the T440s? Keeping it docked, using it with external keyboard, mouse, and screen as a desktop. Works OK.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment