Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Re: T440s - ThinkPad has lost the magic.

The thing is you can go to just about any brand site including Apple and hear the same rants.

With Lenovo the traditionalist don't like change. 

Lenovo's big mistake was messing around with the ThinkPad line.  They have the Idea line to attract the new people over.  I just bought a X131e before the Chinese completely ruin the ThinkPad line.

   Link to picture

  Ain't she a beauty

  (my first ThinkPad)

I don't want a touch screen on a laptop.  And now that Windows 8.1 allows you to set it up to boot directly into desktop mode I'm leaving Windows 7 and my HP ultrabook for my little stubby Lenovo friend.   I almost went back to a MacBook Air.

Anyway, I hope you are lestining out there Lenovo.   People who buy ThinkPads are not looking for a fashison statement, now you even have a ThinkPad Yoga,  I mean what the hell is that.

What has made Apple so suscessful are their base who keeps coming back.  Your ThinkPad is what their Mac is.   If you lose that loyal following you'll simply drive that base away, that base that has the money to afford a ThinkPad much like that base who can afford a Mac Pro.

You can cater to the Starbuck hispster gender confused crowd and still maintain that conservative traditionalist notion, which is the ThinkPad.  And might I say most buy a ThinkPad because it is conservative and built upon tradiction.   There are some things in life that should never be changed just for thr sake of change.  It generally leads to dissatisfaction.


Are you still listening out there Lenovo ?

If you lose your core customers do you honestly think the Walmart Acer, Dell, Asus and HP crowd can afford one.  Do you really think you are winning any Apple Mac converts.

Are you a leader or just another follower putting out junk for the masses.

Moderator note; picture(s) converted to link(s) About Posting Pictures In The Forums


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment