Pages

Monday, September 29, 2014

T530i multiple external displays without dock

Hello all,

I'm having an issue trying to set up a T530i with Intel HD Graphics 400 with multiple external displays.  I have searched the forum and not found anything similar, it looks like most people are using docking stations with their configurations which I don't have.  Here is what I'm trying to set up.

External + External + Laptop

Currently, I am running a VGA splitter to the External displays.  This works as expected, replicating the display on both externals, as Windows only sees the connection as one external display.

My goal and endstate is to have the system recognize and operate as 3 seperate displays (extended desktop).

In my attempt to achieve this, I obtained a Mini Display Port to VGA converter, plugging one external display into each port (VGA and Mini Display port converted to VGA) the system now recognizes the a 3rd monitor, but it will not allow me to extend (or even activate it). I am only able to run 2 screens simultaneously.  Whenever I try to activate the 3rd display ("extend desktop to this display") when I hit apply, I get an error message stating "unable to save display settings".

Is there a solution to this where I will be able to run all 3 displays? The only thing I have not tried is using a splitter on the Mini Display port as I do not currently have access to one.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment