Pages

Monday, September 29, 2014

Re: T440s doesn't wake up from sleep

Friends:

Issue: Unable to get out of sleep and unable to get monitor to work properly on dock.

I experienced same on my T440p.  Here is what worked for me:

Update bios.  Verify that startup memory is 512K within bios (hit F1 at startup and locate menu item under video)

Update Docking station driver.

Updated my external monitor driver.

Used a VGA cord from docking station (Pro 90W) and set default to VGA on my monitor.  Inconsitent results from other connectors otherwise.

Verified that my Windows operating system AND my installed drivers were consistent.  If your company, like mine, choose to remain with a Win 7 system, then it may get confusing.  My new T440p is labeled Win 8, so some folks may be doing harm with upgrades/updates.

These things were done with unknown results (they may have helped):

Updated fingerprint driver.  I am having no issues and use it daily.  I did turn off password protection when one would awaken the computer just to prevent an issue there.

Verified that I am using the correct power cable to my dock.  If you don't use the 90W adapter (for the 90W unit, for example) you will get odd outcomes.  Mine included not being able to have the monitor powered on while computer was on dock.

Set the monitor priority on the desktop, not just the FN-F7 hotkey.  With your montor hooked up and powered on, right click on the desktop, go to Grpahic options, output to, clone displays, Built-in + Digital.  Then the FN-F7, or just F7 depending upon if your FN lock key is on or off, works fine.  I was stupid, by the way...FN lock is toggled using Fn and Esc keys.  Old eyes.

Cheers.

Mike


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment